Finally, we're off.
Belgacom launched as first in
Some weeks ago, someone asked me: “Will interactive TV change anything? Will it really work ?” Well, yes it will.
And the reason is quite simple: it’s better for everyone:
- the viewer can choose what, how & when he want to watch tv
- the broadcasters get a new impulse to valorize their content and create more than just 1 or 2 formats
- the producers see a multiplication of distribution channels & can create more formats
- more channels means that more creative producers can bring their own “different” channels
- and advertisers get a mix between high branding TV and high impact internet advertising.
Is this a first ? Certainly not. Music downloads changed the entire audio industry (think about the success of iPod worldwide and our own Skynet Music Club in Belgium), online gaming changed the way we entertain & connect, dvd is a pre-packaged digital VOD, digital photography has drastically impacted the number of photos we take and share. And I’m not even talking about email, instant messaging or information sharing.
And it’s all just the start. To say it with the baseline of Skynet: You ain’t seen nothing yet.